Campaigns and strategy. Those words sound like descriptions of military battles or political contests. However, fear not, strategy and campaigns are critical and achievable elements of today’s marketing success. They are essential components of effective digital marketing.
What are “Strategy” and “Campaigns?”
Digital marketing strategies are the planned series of actions designed to achieve marketing goals. As Canadian author Henry Mintzberg said, “Strategy is not the consequence of planning, but the opposite: its starting point.” Planning digital marketing strategies is critical to success. A campaign is a collection of related and connected actions that fit the defined strategies and reach the established goals.
How to Create a Digital Marketing Strategy
Here are suggested steps to follow in creating a powerful digital marketing strategy:
- Understand and define your brand. Without brand clarity, there will be injurious inconsistency in brand communication.
- Define digital marketing goals that are in sync with business goals and overall marketing goals.
- Analyze the competitive landscape.
- Identify your target audience; really get to know them. Create target audience personas.
- Review the current digital assets that your business has and audit their current use.
- Develop a digital marketing budget.
How to Plan Your Digital Marketing Campaign
Once goals and strategies are in place, it’s time to develop a consistent campaign of actions:
- Develop a website that is on-brand and optimized for SEO.
- Establish social media accounts and link them to your website
- Develop content marketing that is frequently updated to be fresh and appealing to your target audience.
- Plan email marketing.
- Develop a voice search.
- Engage pay per click marketing.
- Utilize video marketing.
Develop a marketing calendar that deploys your plan. Use one brand standard and one voice for all actions. Don’t try to do it all at once and don’t do it alone.
Seek Digital Marketing Assistance
Contact Prosper Firm, an expert digital marketing agency with over 100 years of combined experience. We support our clients with services including branding, web design, search engine marketing, social media and email marketing to achieve your goals.